This route was the first in the Cairngorms taken from the south. Hopefully not the last.
- 1: Starting and finishing point at the car park in Linn of Dee. A long, wide, dirt track led to Derry Lodge. Boring!
- 2: Derry Lodge. This was my real starting point.
- 3: Climbing. Here I left the path and started to climb Beinn Bhreac. Unluckily, most of the slope was swampy without any path
- 4: The summit of Beinn Bhreac (931m). Probably with wonderful view. But it’s hard to say. I was in the clouds.
- 5: The West Top of Beinn Bhreac (927m).
- 6: The summit of Beinn a’ Chaorainn (1083m). After exhausting walk through swampy grounds the view from the summit was a great reward!
- 7: Lairig an Laoigh. My return route. Nice, but long.